October 1st of your Senior Year
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- IU South Bend Federal School Code: 001816
By March 10th of your Senior Year
- Complete the IU South Bend admission process.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Your FAFSA must be received by the Federal Processor by March 10th to be considered an on-time application. Because of limited funding some aid sources will not be available in the FAFSA was not on-time. Use estimated information if you have not yet filed your taxes.
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application (OSA) to be eligible for more than 200 scholarships offered by the IU foundation.
Mid April of your Senior Year
May 1st of your Senior Year
June – July before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Determine the necessity of borrowing Federal Parent PLUS Loans and/or Private Student Loans. See the our loan page for more information about loan options
Mid June before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
Late July before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
August of your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
IU Finish in Four Initiative: The Finish in Four On-Time Completion Award is a pilot program created to provide an incentive for students to graduate in four years. After all, sticking to a four-year plan is one of the easiest ways to minimize tuition costs and student debt. It's also a great way to get a jumpstart on your career, increasing your earning power and job opportunities.
- Attend Indiana University all four years.
- Achieve a junior (60 hours after two years) or senior (90 hours after three years) status on schedule.
Visit the Getting Started portion of the Finish in Four website to learn how staying focused saves you money!
Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have any questions. We are here to help you!