Request for Enrollment Certification

Using and getting the most from your benefits

In order to use your VA education benefits, our office requires that you fill out a Request for Enrollment Certification (REC) for each semester that you want to utilize them.

  • It is advisable to turn in your REC at least 4 weeks before the start of the term to minimize delays with certification processing.
    • RECs that are turned in later than 4 weeks before the start of term may result in processing delays.
  • This allows our office to check in with you and address any questions and/or concerns that you may have.
  • If you are unsure which REC form applies to you, please contact us and we will assist you in filling out the correct form.

You can submit your REC in person to Administration Building, room 101; by email to; or by fax (574) 520-4868. If you plan to use fax, please send our office an email. Once we receive your REC, we will send a confirmation receipt.

REC Forms

Chapter 30: MGIB-AD
Chapter 31: Voc Rehab
Chapter 33: Post-9/11 (Veteran)
Chapter 33: Post-9/11 (Dependent)
Chapter 35: DEA
Chapter 1606: MGIB-SR
Chapter 1607: REAP