- The Chapter 30 MGIB-AD program provides education benefits to Veterans and Sericemembers who have at least 2 years of active duty.
- You must have contributed $1,200 to the MGIB-AD.
- The Chapter 30 MGIB-AD program provides up to 36 months of education benefits.
- This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeship, on-the-job training, and other assistance as outlined under the Chapter 30 (MGIB-AD).
- Under certain circumstances, remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved.
- VA educational benefits are paid directly to you rather than directly to IUSB. You are responsible for payment to the Office of the Bursar.
- Under the Chapter 30 MGIB-AD, you must verify and complete your monthly enrollment verification.
- Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty.
Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
Monthly Enrollment Verification
For monthly enrollment verification, you can use one of two methods:
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.)
- Calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 1 (877) 823-2378
- Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month.
Note: If you do not verify your attendance on a monthly basis, you will not receive payment.
If you encounter difficulties, please refer to the Department of Veterans Affairs W.A.V.E. webpage.
$600 Buy-Up Program
- Optional program where a Servicemember may contribute up to an additional $600 to the GI Bill to receive increased monthly benefits.
- The additional contribution must be made while on active duty.