- REAP provides educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency declared by the President of Congress.
- The National Defense Authorization Act of 2016 ended REAP on November 25, 2015.
- Some individuals will remain eligible for REAP benefits until November 25, 2019, while others are no longer eligible for REAP benefits.
- If you are no longer eligible to receive REAP benefits, you may be eligible to receive benefits under the Chapter 33: Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Under the Chapter 1607 REAP, you must verify and complete your monthly enrollment verification.
Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
Monthly Enrollment Verification
For monthly enrollment verification, you can use one of two methods:
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.)
- Calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 1 (877) 823-2378
- Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month.
Note: If you do not verify your attendance on a monthly basis, you will not receive payment.
If you encounter difficulties, please refer to the Department of Veterans Affairs W.A.V.E. webpage.