- The MGIB-SR program provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve, including:
- Air Force Reserve
- Army Reserve
- Coast Guard Reserve
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Air National Guard
- Army National Guard
- Eligibility is determined by the Selected Reserve components and the VA will process payment.
- Under the MGIB-SR, you may be entitled to receive up to 36 months of education benefits.
- This benefit may be used for degree and certificate programs, flight training, apprenticeships, on-the-job training, and other assistance as outlined under the Chapter 1606 (MGIB-SR).
- Under certain circumstances, remedial, deficiency, and refresher courses may be approved.
- Eligibility normally ends the day you leave the Selected Reserve.
- Under the Chapter 1606 MGIB-SR, you must verify and complete your monthly enrollment verification.
Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
Monthly Enrollment Verification
For monthly enrollment verification, you can use one of two methods:
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.)
- Calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 1 (877) 823-2378
- Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month.
Note: If you do not verify your attendance on a monthly basis, you will not receive payment.
If you encounter difficulties, please refer to the Department of Veterans Affairs W.A.V.E. webpage.