The Verizon Scholarship was established to recognize outstanding students that have completed coursework through the Smart Start program at the IU South Bend Elkhart Center and are prepared to continue their education at IU South Bend. In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria.
- Be an undergraduate student;
- Be a resident of Elkhart County, Indiana;
- Complete a minimum of 24 credit hours of General Education courses at the IU South Bend Elkhart Center
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or above; and
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours at IU South Bend each semester (fall, spring) in which the scholarship is in effect.
The award will provide up to $1,000 for the upcoming academic year, payable $500 per semester. The number of awards will be based on the availability of funds. Recipients of the scholarship will be determined by the IUSB Scholarship Committee.
An annual scholarship application and FAFSA are required each year to renew the scholarship.
Apply via the Online Scholarship Application from the Scholarship tile in One.IU. After completing your general application, search for the Verizon Scholarship and submit the additional application.
If you have questions, please the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships, at 574-520-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.