Ivy Tech Community College: Developmental Courses
- Developmental Math Classes
Students who place at Level 0 or Level 1 on the Math Placement Exam are encouraged to attend a Math Placement Workshop and retake the Math Placement Exam in an attempt to score at least a Level 2. Students who are unable to place at Level 2 on the Math Placement Exam will be required to enroll in MATH 015 - Fundamentals of Algebra I at Ivy Tech Community College prior to enrolling in math courses at IU South Bend.
Listed below are the steps students will need to complete to enroll in developmental courses at Ivy Tech Community College:
- Meet with their academic advisor to discuss their schedule.
- Submit a guest application to Ivy Tech Community College. Prior to submitting this application to Ivy Tech Community College, students will need to bring the application to the IU South Bend Office of the Registrar to complete the Academic Standing section.
- Complete the diagnostic piece of the Accuplacer placement test. Students should call 574-289-7001 ext. 5325 to schedule an appointment to take this exam and they will need to bring a photo ID and their Ivy Tech student identification number (received after the Ivy Tech application is processed)
- After being offered admission to Ivy Tech Community College and receiving the results of the Accuplacer placement test (see below), students will need to register for their class through Campus Connect or by visiting the Ivy Tech Community College Office of the Registrar. Class schedule information is also available online.
- Students who are receiving financial aid at IU South Bend should complete the Financial Aid Consortium Agreement, obtain the signature of the academic advisor and return this form to the Ivy Tech Community College Office of Financial Aid.
- Accuplacer Placement Test
Dependent on the results of the Accuplacer assessment, students will be advised to enroll in either MATH 015 or a modularized, competency-based, self-paced course which meets on a regularly-scheduled basis in an Ivy Tech computer lab with an instructor and one or more tutors. Both courses are offered as part of the regular course schedule, carry developmental credit, are included in a student’s enrollment record, and count towards enrollment for financial aid purposes.
Textbooks can be purchased from the Ivy Tech Community College Bookstore, 220 Dean Johnson Blvd., South Bend, IN or online.
- Payment Information
Students enrolling in developmental courses at Ivy Tech Community College are required to pay Ivy Tech Community College directly for the cost of tuition and fees. Students may pay for their classes online through Campus Connect and additional payment information is available at http://www.ivytech.edu/payment/.
Students who don’t pay for their classes within ten days before the start of the semester will be subject to administrative withdrawal from the course. Students who are eligible to receive financial aid from the South Bend campus will need to pay for this class using their refund.
- Withdrawal Policy
Students enrolling in coursework at Ivy Tech Community College will need to review their withdrawal policy.
- Final Transcripts
Students enrolling in coursework at Ivy Tech Community College will need to request an official transcript from the Office of the Registrar at Ivy Tech Community College. Final transcripts should be mailed to the address listed below:
Indiana University South Bend
Office of Admissions
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
South Bend, IN 46634-7111
- Additional Information
Students who need additional information about enrolling in MATH 015 at Ivy Tech Community College may contact the Office of the Registrar at IU South Bend (574) 520-4451.