Registering for classes
Register for classes using Student Center in One.IU
How to Understand the Schedule of Classes
Interactive Graduation Planning Success Schedule Builder
iGPS is a scheduling tool that is available to all Indiana University students who have been granted permission to enroll in future terms. Through iGPS students can plan and build their course schedules for future terms to fit their personal needs.
Before you Register
- If you have not previously attended IU South Bend or any other IU campus, you must be admitted to the university before you can register for classes. Please contact the Office of Admissions for application materials and more information.
- Review the semester calendars to determine the appropriate time periods for advance, open, and late registration.
- Review our policies on auditing a class, the pass/fail grade option, and satisfactory/failing grades.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your schedule and degree requirements. Your advisor will help you obtain section authorizations, course approvals, and checklist (hold) clearance, if required.
- View your enrollment appointment date/time by visiting Enrollment Dates under "Enrollment" in your Student Center on One.IU.
How to Register
One.IU is an online version of IU’s registration system and can be used anywhere you can access the Web. For instructions on how to sign up for classes, view your class schedule, check for holds and permissions, and more, visit Register for classes at IU. If you need assistance, please call (574) 520-4451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few notes about online registration:
- ***Because of scheduled maintenance, the Student Center may be unavailable at the following times:
- Every Thursday, 5 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- The second Sunday of every month, 12 midnight to 8 a.m.
- You can to access the registration system from the date and time of your registration appointment through the first week of classes.
- During the first week of classes, registration and schedule adjustments can be made online.
- Online registration and schedule adjustment closes at the end of the first week of classes.
You can adjust your schedule by dropping or adding courses from the time of your initial registration appointment through the predetermined drop/add and late registration period. Signatures and authorizations may be required depending on how far into the semester the schedule adjust is requested, and a late schedule adjustment fee may be charged.
If a course is dropped, tuition and fees will be refunded on a percentage basis according to the semester refund schedule (see the academic calendar). Students receiving financial aid should contact the Office of Financial Aid before making a schedule adjustment to determine how the change will affect eligibility and payment.
Once classes have begun, you must withdraw from all of your classes for the semester. Failure to pay your fees or issuing a stop payment through your bank does not constitute an official withdrawal. To receive a full refund, you must officially withdraw by the withdrawal deadline. If you do not officially withdraw, you will be responsible for all fees and will receive failing grades in all registered classes.
If you are eligible for financial aid but do not plan to complete the semester, you must review the information located at Withdrawals and Repayments for an explanation.
Your username and password permits access to your One.IU account. Assistance with your account can be provided by the I.T. Help Desk located in Room 1109 in the Education and Arts Building.
A hold on your account can result from unpaid fees, library fines, parking tickets, and other causes that can prevent you from registering for classes. Please review your holds in One.IU.