Before you begin, you need the following:
- Your IU computer account username and passphrase, also known as your One.IU account. Click here to create your account. You will be asked to enter your last name, date of birth, and university ID number ( click here to lookup ID number if not known). It may take up to 24 hours for your account to be active before you can access the English exam. You must be admitted to the university in order to set up an account.
- A distraction-free environment.
- A reliable internet connection and a laptop or desktop computer (do NOT take the exam on a mobile phone).
- 75 minutes set aside to complete the exam.
Ready to begin?
How to view your English and math exam results:
- Go to One.IU
- In the search bar, type “Student Center”
- Open up Student Center
- Under “Academics,” click on the link for “My Academics and Grades”
- Under “Transfer, Test, Other Credit,” click on “View Test Scores” (important, do not click on “View Test Credit”)
The next screen will show all your test scores, including ACT and SAT if you have taken those. For your IU South Bend placement exam scores, they will be displayed as follows:
10, 20, 30, or 40
0 - 100
If you don’t see your scores, either they haven’t been entered or there could be more to display. Click on the “view all” link to see more scores. English exam results are posted within 7-10 days of testing. Math exam scores are posted 24 hours after completing the exam.
Interpreting Your English Exam Score
|If your English placement exam score is ...||For your first course, take… (and pass with a “C” or better)||For your next course, take… (and pass with a “C” or better)|
|10||Enhanced ENG-W 130(4 credits)||ENG-W 131 (3 credits)|
|20||Enhanced ENG-W 130(4 credits)||ENG-W 131 (3 credits)|
|30||Regular ENG-W 130(3 credits)||ENG-W 131 (3 credits)|
|40||ENG-W 131 (3 credits)||You're done!|