New Student Orientation for first-time students and transfer students with less than 18 credit hours after high school graduation
Welcome to IU South Bend! We invite you to begin your virtual orientation and class registration experience now. Let’s get started!
1. Create your IU computing account
Also known as your One.IU account, this is used to access Online Orientation, register for classes, check email, and more. You will need your 10-digit University ID number, which can be found on your paper Admissions Certificate, Admissions email. You can also look up your University ID number online.Create My First IU Account
2. Complete Online Orientation
The online orientation guides you through the following:
- Completing any required placement exams;
- Scheduling your academic advising appointment, which is when you will register for classes;
- Preparing for your academic advising appointment.
- Completing a brief survey introducing yourself to your academic advisor;
- How to obtain your Crimson Card, the official IU photo ID;
- A virtual campus tour;
- An overview of technology resources and financial aid;
The sooner you get started on the online orientation, the sooner you can meet with an advisor and have the best selection when you register for classes, so don’t delay!
Current students are ready to help! Call (574) 520-5005 or go to our LiveChat, accessible on the IU South Bend home page.
Additional support will be available from a member of Team Titan, an IU South Bend staff member. Their role will be to ensure you are progressing through the orientation and related processes and answer any questions along the way.
Your Team Titan member will send an email to the personal email we have on file and to your IU email (if that has been created). The email will be from an IU South Bend staff member with an email address ending in @iusb.edu or @iu.edu. The subject line will say "IU South Bend - Team Titan." Remember to check both your IU and personal email and be on the lookout for an email from Team Titan!