New Student Convocation
Friday, August 17
11:00a Convocation, Student Activities Center
12:00p All-Campus Lunch in the Courtyard
// Campus departments open until 5:00 p.m.
You and your family are invited to the annual New Student Convocation. Join Interim Chancellor Jann Joseph and the campus community to formally recognize your first step toward a lifetime of success. Commencement is the culmination of your time, hard work, and dedication, whereas Convocation is your official welcome into IU South Bend’s academic community.
After the ceremony, you and your family are invited to attend the all-campus lunch—which will bring together new students, parents, faculty, and staff to launch the fall semester.
Afterward, you’ll be given the opportunity to check a few last-minute items off your to-do list before the start of the semester:
- Get your CrimsonCard, IU’s official photo ID.
- Visit the bookstore and get your textbooks.
- Tour campus to locate your classrooms.
- Connect your laptop or mobile devices to the campus wireless network.
- and more options will be available.
If you have any other questions, fear not, all university offices will be open to assist you.