Using the space below, provide your personal statement. You must include the following :
- Identify what caused your unsatisfactory academic progress during all the terms in which SAP was not met;
- Explain how you will be successful in upcoming semesters; and
- Documentation to support your appeal, if applicable. Appropriate documentation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Medical condition—a physician's or health care provider's statement confirming your medical condition and that (s)he medically supports your decision to continue your enrollment
- Death of a family member—a copy of the death certificate or obituary
- Divorce/Separation—court documents
- Military services—official military order
*If completing an Excessive Hours Appeal, you must explain the reason for the delay in your degree completion.
Example of a successful appeal
On March 2, 2017, I had a baby 2 months earlier than my due date. I was in the hospital for one week and could not attend class. In addition, my baby was in neonatal intensive care until April 15, 2017. I spent all my time at hospital and by the time the baby came home, I could not catch up with the assignments I missed and had to withdraw .
I have recovered from the birth and my baby is healthy. My mom will watch the baby while I am in class or studying. In addition, I plan to visit ACE for help studying.
- Attached Documentation:
- A doctor's note confirming complications for me and my baby
- A copy of the hospital bill showing the dates of admission and release