Answer: There are many reasons why students’ access coaching resources during their first semesters of college. Here are just a few!
A dozen reasons why meeting with a Success Coach is a GREAT idea:
- Answer your questions about the transition from high school to college.
- Talk about the importance of work/school/life balance.
- Share important deadline dates throughout the academic year, ex. drop/add dates and automatic/extenuating circumstances course withdrawals.
- Connect and refer you to helpful campus resources.
- Discuss on-campus employment/work-study options.
- Provide information about your 21st Century Scholar or Frank O’Bannon Higher Education awards offered by the state of Indiana.
- Discuss a “FLAG” notification regarding you coursework.
- Academic progress and end-of-the semester reviews/feedback.
- Provide information and support for filing appeals for academic or financial reasons.
- Explain what Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) means at the university level.
- Future career options, service learning, and internship resources.
- Anything that is of importance or concern to you!
Answer: The office is open from 8:00 to 5:30 Mon-Thurs and 8:00 to 5:00 on Fridays. You many schedule an appointment by contacting the office secretary at 574/520-5050 or via One.IU “scheduler” feature. Additionally, the coaches are available on a walk-in basis on designated days. If you need to meet during outside of the regularly scheduled office hours, please contact a coach. We may be able to accommodate you.
Answer: We are always happy to meet with students! We can offer academic guidance and help you prepare for your advising appointment.
Answer: Yes! Our walk-in hours are: (we need to figure this out…will each coach have their own walk-in hours, or will we have blocks of time that we’ll all be available for walk-ins?)
Answer: Yes! There is a “Student Appointment Scheduler (SAS)” feature One.IU.
Titan Success Center *
Admin Building Room 153
*We are right next to the Gateway, directly across from the Admissions Office
Answer: Of course! Our coaches can assist you with the ins and outs of both Canvas and One.IU! We are also able to assist you with understanding your syllabi, accessing files for class, and checking your grades.
Answer: Your “to-do list” can be found on the right side of your Student Center. It is a list of items that need your attention, and can be from your Financial Aid advisor, the Admissions Office, or another department.
You can get to your Student Center by doing the following:
- Go to one.iu.edu
- Search “Student Center”
- Click on the corresponding tile
- Sign in, if prompted
- Your to-do list is on the right side of the page, in between “holds” and “milestones”
Answer: If you have already discussed FLAGS with your instructor(s), please notify one of our coaches so that we can support the improvement plan that you have put in place for the course.
Answer: Definitely! You may talk to a success coach about any questions or concerns you have regarding your university experience.
Answer: Yes, we have two bilingual and bicultural coaches on staff in the Titan Success Center. They look forward to meeting with you and your parents to address many of the questions/concerns that are common to first-year students.
Answer: Your conversations with a Titan Success Coach are protected by the Federal Education Records and Privacy Act. Unless you bring your parents with you or wish for them to be notified your conversation remains between you, your coach, and other university staff that you identify.